Email: Makarand Pandit
Cell: +91 98232 25640
Consultant – Axis Technologies, USA
Visiting Faculty, External Examiner, Consultant – University of Pune
Content Consultant – Indira Gandhi National Open University
Mentor at The Entrepreneurship Cell, IIT Pawai, Mumbai
I am a successful technical communicator, instructional designer, project manager, and trainer, with over 17 years of experience.
Formal Academic Education
• Post Graduate in Marketing Management – Institute of Management Education, Pune, India, July 1997.
• Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Electronics – University of Pune, Pune, India, July 1992.
Professional Work Experience
• Completed assignments for 18 Fortune 500 companies and India’s top IT, Telecom, Financial, Banking, and Engineering companies
• Completed more than 350 successful documentation assignments.
• Have more than 6000 hours of training experience.
• Have trained more than 1800 candidates in Technical Writing.
• Have produced more than 80 hours of video content for professional training courses.
• Have developed a unique Distance-Learning Course based on Blended Instruction Pattern.
• Founder Member of Society for Technical Communication (STC) India Chapter
• Former owner and member of Technical Writers of India email list
• Member of the AccessAbility Community and Academic Community of the STC
• Citibank, Singapore – Lead Consultant and Architect of the Web Based Training for CePAC. It was used to train over 8000 officers in 60 countries.
• Lead Consultant – Oracle Financial Services, India, for developing training on FlexCube
• Lead Consultant & Architect – ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, India, for developing CD based training for Insurance Products
• Lead Consultant & Architect – Reserve Bank of India for developing CD based training for Currency Notes
• Engineering Documentation Consultant – Government of India
• Serving as Mentor at The Entrepreneurship Cell, IIT Pawai, Mumbai
• Served as a member of Special Committee appointed by Board of Studies of University of Pune. As a member of this committee helped to formulate India’s first Post-graduate Diploma in Technical Communication.
• Served as member of Educational Task Force of Society for Technical Communication (2006).
• Served as judge for All India Engineering Students’ Projects Competition.
• Served as visiting faculty for University of Pune, University of Jammu, Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Sinhagad Institute of Management & Computer Application, MIT’s Venutai Chavan Polytechnic, and BCA College, and Cummins Engineering College of Karve Stri Shikshan Sanstha
• Served as external examiner for University of Pune.
• Delivered lectures to students of Mercer University (USA).
• Served on the panel appointed by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to develop course on Technical Editing & Publishing.
• Coordinated, directed, and anchored a video interview series on “Technical Writing Career” for Educational & Media Research Center (EMRC), University of Pune.
• Served as Member, Board of Studies, Symbiosis University for developing Distance Learning Course in Technical Writing
Best Speaker Award at the 1999 Annual Conference of Society for Technical Communication, India Chapter for presentation on Freelancing.
Outstanding Volunteer Award at the 2003 & 2008 Annual Conference of STC, India Chapter for arranging the conference as the Program Manager.
Distinguished Chapter Service Award from STC Worldwide in 2010 for service to STC, India Chapter
Nominated for the post of STC Worldwide Director in the year 2009 and 2010
Other Educational Courses Attended
• Project Management (2004)
• Short-film direction, production and editing course
• Script Writing Course
|Operating Systems||DOS, Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows CE (used in palmtop products), Windows 98, Mac OS 8.0, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7|
|Applications/Packages||Adobe PageMaker, MS Word, RoboHELP, Visio, FrameMaker, Structured FrameMaker, WebWorks, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Project, MS Front Page, Adobe Acrobat, Macromedia Authorware, Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Dreamweaver, FullShot, SnagIT, Sound Forge, Epic Editor, Captivate, Author-it|
|Databases||MS Access, MS SQL, Oracle|
|Media Production Skills|
|Pre-production||Schedule Planning, Site Coordination, Resource Management, Screenplay-Writing|
|Production||Direction, Acting, Sound-recording, Video-recording, Lighting|
|Post-production||Sound Editing, Video Editing, Media Conversion, Content Encryption, Packaging, Delivery|
Professional Papers and Presentations
1. Product Support Documentation published in Electronics for You. India’s leading Electronic Trade Journal in April 97 issue. Covering the importance and design considerations of documentation of Electronic Products.
2. Freelance Technical Writing at the 1999 Annual Conference of Society for Technical Communication, India Chapter
3. Estimating Technical Writing Projects at the 2000 Annual Conference of Society for Technical Communication, India Chapter
4. Introduction to Technical Writing published in Time of India (Education Times Supplement) on 9th April 2001, Bangalore Edition
5. Estimating Documentation Projects in Intercom – Newsletter (November 2001 issue) of Society for Technical Communication Worldwide (this article is available on the web on www.stc.org/intercom/PDFs/2001/200111_08-11.pdf )
6. Styles Guides at the 1999 Annual Conference of Society for Technical Communication, India Chapter
7. Technical Writing in 1994 and 2003 paper published in the March 2003 issue of INDUS, newsletter of Society for Technical Communication, India Chapter
8. Seven Habits for Successful Freelancing paper published in the July 2003 issue of INDUS, newsletter of Society for Technical Communication, India Chapter
9. Introduction to Structured FrameMaker published in Techcraft (a newsletter dedicated to Technical Writing) in September 2004 Edition
10. Delivered a web-based seminar along with Melanie Doulton for STC on Working in Global Teams (July 2006).
11. Presented Business Lessons Learnt from Gardening Hobby session at the 2007 Annual Conference of Society for Technical Communication, India Chapter
12. Contributed as an author to Outsourcing Technical Communication: Issues, Policies & Practices. The book is published by Baywood Publishing
13. Along with Gyaneshwar Talwar completed a web-based survey and published results on Do Indian Technical Writers need Degrees from Western Universities (December 2009). Results available on the downloads page of www.technowrites.com
14. Conflict Resolution at the 2010 Annual Conference of Society for Technical Communication, India Chapter
15. Rich Content Outline and Estimation Techniques paper series published in the various issue of INDUS (2010), newsletter of Society for Technical Communication, India Chapter
16. Use of RoboHelp Server by technical publications departments published in Adobe Blog http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/robohelp_tech_pubs.html
17. Presented eBooks and Digital Rights Management Lessons session at the 20122 Annual Conference of Society for Technical Communication, India Chapter
Completed Projects for
• Axis Technologies, India & USA
• Alcatel, India
• Atos Origin, India
• Abu Dhabi Oil Company (ADCO), Abu Dhabi, UAE
• Citibank, Singapore
• CDAC, India
• Honeywell, India, Singapore
• Hewlett Packard, India
• Kulicke & Soffa Pte. Ltd., Singapore
• L&T Infotech, India
• Tech Mahindra, India
• MWH India Pvt. Ltd., India
• National Bank of Fujairah, Fujairah, UAE
• National Stock Exchange, India
• Oracle Financial, India
• Rockwell Automation, USA
• Royal Haskoning, India
• SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd., India
• Mahindra Satyam, India
• Schlumberger, Kaula Lumpur, Malaysia
• Sify, India
• System Access, Singapore
• Unisys, India
• Wipro, India
Conducted more than 35 Individual Training Courses and more than 40 Corporate Training Courses with total training experience of more than 7000 hours.
Privileged Community Work
• Associated with various Seva projects arranged by the Art of Living Foundation.
• Associated with various projects initiated by Mission Green Earth, an initiative supported by United Nations
• Served as the documentation volunteer for Antarnaad, an Art of Living event, to obtain Guinness World Record for maximum number of sing-along participants (1,04,637 participants) in 2010.
• Served on the review committee of International Standards Organization for developing Technical Writing Standards (2007).
• Served as President of Society for Technical Communication India Chapter in 2005.
• Was List Owner of Technical Writers of India Mailing List from 1999 – 2004.
Dear Makrand Sir,
How are you. I’ve come to Technowrite 6 months ago and given the aptitude test. My result was not good, but still I’ve got job at Nagpur. I am getting experience from my current company.
Sir, it is your contribution to show me my real place. I need to improve a lot. Sir, I need to keep in touch with you.
Comments are closed.