Welcome to the first edition of INDUS for 2017!
We begin the New Year with some interesting articles. We hope that these articles will help you draft documentation strategies for your department and teams.
The edition includes the following articles:
- In Prez Talk for February 2017, Nibu Thomas, President, STC India Chapter 2017, introduces the new admin council and briefs us about the vision for INDUS.
- In Content Creator to User Success Enabler: Making the transition through effective content analytics, Pawan Nayar opens up a whole new world of using Analytics in content creation.
- In Does it matter which way your users go?, Sheece Baghdadi introduces us to scenario-based documentation.
- In Future of Technical Information: Transformation from being a Cost Center to Profit Center, Ravi Kumar Adapa shows us how Technical Information Business Unit can become a revenue-generating center.
- We feel really sad to share the news of the untimely demise of Sunil Gokhale. He was an active member of our fraternity. We pay our tribute to Sunil in the article Remembering Sunil Gokhale.
We thank all the contributors for their hard work! We also thank the Indus team and all the contributors in 2016. This issue would not have been possible without the guidance and mentoring of Nibu Thomas and Mugdha Kulkarni. Thanks to Vimal Chhutani (Webmaster, STC India) for all the technical help.
In this Near Year, we plan to introduce a couple of sections in INDUS. We plan to make it bigger with more reach and articles that will help you grow in your professional and personal life. Apart from the regular articles, we plan to have a reading board, where you can recommend links to the other articles/blogs/information that caught your attention. Describe in about 150 to 200 words, what interested you or why it’s a good read for anyone. To implement our plans for INDUS, we require your active participation.
You can contribute to Indus. Just send us your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll help you fine tune and polish it for the right impact.
The Indus Team